Lot mowing is not for amateurs. It requires the correct equipment and an experienced technician to run that equipment. Let’s look at this topic and spell out what you should expect in a lot mowing company. You can contact us for more information at (817) 991-4318.
What is lot mowing?
Lot mowing is usually considered any mowing job over one acre, known as acreage mowing You will and can find companies which will do lot mowing jobs of less than an acre, but those usually fall under the purview of landscaping and lawn care. Lot mowing is different from lawn mowing. It usually consists of mowing uneven surfaces and thus needs special equipment in order to do the job of acreage mowing services properly.
What equipment is needed for lot mowing?
- Best suited for grass lower than knee high
- Idea for regular mowing jobs
- Can mow 17 acres an hours and 100+ acres per day
- 16 foot cutting width
- Perfect to mow municipal parks & sports complex
- Mow closely around trees & other obstacles with 0 trim
- Climate controlled cab for mowing year round
- Can turn 180 degrees without uncut grass
And for uneven grounds we use the John Deere 4320:
- Best suited to mow grass over knee high
- Rough mowing or fine mowing
- Skid steer to move dirt & rock piles
- Bush hog for mowing thick brush & vegetation aka brush hogging services
- Tough enough for single jobs or once a year mowing
- 12 gears for wide range of motion when mowing fields
What kind of experience should you look for?
For sure you want a lot mowing company with experience handling big jobs. As mentioned earlier, lot mowing is different from residential mowing or landscape care. Being experienced in mowing for an HOA is not the same as mowing lots. Check references, and also check on liability insurance. For example, Keith’s Tractor Mowing carried a $1,000,000 liability package to handle all problems should they occur. Proper insurance coverage means peace of mind for customers.
What does lot mowing cost?
The price range for lot mowing varies greatly from company to company. Estimates and bids are based upon the size of the lot but also the condition of the lot and whether special equipment will be needed. Obstacles on the lot are also a factor. For instance, mowing around structures takes longer and requires more skill than mowing a lot without structures, and that may be reflected in the price estimate. There is no way to estimate the price a job unseen; every lot mowing job is different.
About Keith’s Tractor Mowing
Nothing says lot mowing experience in the Fort Worth area like Keith’s Tractor Mowing. With years of experience and a reputation built upon excellence, this locally owned and operated tractor mowing company is the standard by which excellence is based upon in Tarrant County. Call us for more information and answers to any questions you might have about lot mowing. When it comes to lot mowing, we are the experts!