Perhaps you are thinking of starting a land clearing business. Perhaps you are thinking about hiring a land clearing company. Whatever the case may be, we have information in this article that you need to consider. We are Keith’s Tractor Mowing, servicing the Greater Fort Worth area, and we have the expertise you need to tap into. Call us at (817) 991-4318 for answers and information about land clearing.
There are three main concerns regarding land clearing:
- Equipment for the job
- Expertise to do the job properly
- Insurance to cover any damage
To paraphrase a popular commercial, don’t leave home without having those three facets covered.
Let’s take a look at each and put them into perspective about area clearing.
Without the proper equipment, land clearing is impossible to do properly. If we were simply talking about lawn mowing, the dilemma would be solved by using a commercial mower like the Toro 5910. The Toro 5910 offers the following:
- Best suited for grass lower than knee high
- Idea for regular mowing jobs
- Can mow 17 acres an hours and 100+ acres per day
- 16 foot cutting width for acreage mowing
- Perfect to mow municipal parks & sports complex
- Mow closely around trees & other obstacles with 0 trim
- Climate controlled cab for mowing year round
- Can turn 180 degrees without uncut grass
But land clearing is more than just grass cutting. It is uneven ground and rocks and small branches, and for that you need heavy duty equipment, as in a bush hog, as in a John Deere 4320 which offers:
- Best suited to mow grass over knee high
- Rough mowing or fine mowing
- Skid steer to move dirt & rock piles
- Bush hog for mowing thick brush & vegetation
- Tough enough for single jobs or once a year mowing
- 12 gears for wide range of motion when mowing fields
Yes, an amateur can do land clearing, but can an amateur do a quality and professional job of land clearing? The old adage “you get what you pay for” applies nicely when talking about land clearing services.
Anyone in the land clearing business, or anyone thinking of hiring a land clearing firm, needs to consider proper insurance. Large, powerful cutting machines can cause damage. Damage means loss. At Keith’s Tractor Mowing, we carry a total of $1,000,000 General Liability Insurance. We have found that to be adequate for all of the jobs we do around the Fort Worth area. Yes, insurance is reasonably expensive, but not nearly as expensive as replacing a damaged out shed or a parked car hit by flying debris from the mower.
The bottom line is this: land clearing should be done by professionals. Whether you are thinking of entering the land clearing business, or you are looking to hire land clearing services, you need to consider the above information before you do anything of consequence. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure in the land clearing business, so do your due diligence and gather as much information as possible.