You might think that baseball field grass mowing is nothing more than jumping on a riding lawn mower and making a few passes over the field, but you would be dead wrong in that assumption. We are Keith’s Tractor Mowing, and we have an impressive track record with baseball field mowing and other acreage mowing in the Fort Worth area. Call us the next time the job is too large for you to handle, but you want that job done correctly.
The intricate nature of baseball field grass mowing.
If the goal is to have an immaculate infield and outfield lawn, which is visually appealing, then baseball lot mowing requires much more than walking behind a mower. A general overview follows:
- Mowing at the right time: we suggest you always mow a baseball field on a dry, windless day. This will insure that you get an even cut, one which passes the eye test.
- Having the proper equipment and taking care of that equipment: We shouldn’t need to say this, but proper maintenance of your equipment is crucial. Sharpening the blades on a regular basis will go a long way towards having an even cut every single time.
- Know which level to cut at: Our suggest is to mow in stages. The first stage will be a high blade setting, followed by subsequent mowings at slightly lower settings until you reach the height you wish to have.
- Mow in straight lines for a healthy grass and soil.
- Overlap mowing: This will guarantee that no blade goes uncut.
- And, for a professional look to the field, learn to mow diagonally, cutting at a 45-degree angle to the straight lines you already cut. This will give the field that classic star look you see on television for the Game of the Week.
The experience you need for baseball field grass mowing.
Can anyone do what we just described? In theory, yes! However, there is a reason why professional groundskeepers are in such high-demand in baseball: Their experience matters greatly, and the chances of costly mistakes are practically nil.
Cost vs time to consider.
What we just described takes a great amount of time. For professional teams, a groundskeeping position is a full-time position, year-round. Do you have that amount of time to devote to the upkeep of your baseball field? If not, you really need to consider whether your time is better spent doing something else rather than cutting grass and upkeeping the field. A good groundskeeper/professional lot mowing company is relatively expensive, so consider long and hard how important it is to you.
To put things in perspective, mowing a Little League Field, once per week, can most likely be done adequately by a volunteer. The higher up in competition level you get i.e. a college field of a professional diamond, the more experience you will need.
A final word about Keith’s Tractor Mowing.
Keith’s Tractor Mowing is the name remembered by Fort Worth citizens, business owners, and government agencies when a quality mowing job is needed. From pipeline mowing to church mowing to commercial mowing services, Keith’s Tractor Mowing is a trusted name in Tarrant County. Call us today for a free estimate.